You likely have your own shopping list of functionality you want in your forms platform, features that are non-negotiable. Here are a few more tips you should keep in mind and a few questions to ask about each.
Make sure that your form builder is capable of meeting all of your needs. Whether you’re looking to capture contact information, run a survey, or collect secure information from your customers, your form builder should be able to perform your essential functions.
Here are a few questions to ask as you evaluate potential platforms to learn if the form builder is flexible enough for you:
- How much of the form can we customize?
- Are we able to change the form after it’s live?
- Will the form provider’s logo be visible on our forms?
- Can we design our forms and add our logo to them?
- Can we tie these forms into our operational workflows?
- How do the forms adapt to a mobile screen?
Few things can damage your brand’s reputation as much as mishandling customer data. That’s why your form builder must follow the strictest guidelines.
Make sure to choose a platform that assures security and can tell you about the standards they set for themselves and their clients. Ask your potential partner how they handle:
- Encryption, both the forms themselves and the data input into them
- Form privacy
- Spam protection
- SSL (secure socket layer) type
Your forms must be reliable. They are often a critical link the in chain between your website and your lead generation. Online forms are often the primary way site visitors interact with you, helping you improve lead generation and customer service, and support your business goals. Make certain you pick a forms platform that will be there for you, whenever you need them.
Here are a few questions to consider as you figure out if your forms partner is up to the task:
- What is their uptime? Does their platform go down sporadically?
- How is our data backed up through this platform? Are there different backup options available
- What does the data infrastructure look like? Is it centralized? Spread out?
- Do you have a failover or backup plan if one of your data centers goes down for some reason
Consider the Functions You Need
As you evaluate your options, it’s crucial that you explore all the functionality you could need. Is security a large concern in your industry? Are you looking for your forms to handle a variety of activities, for everything from cold contacts to long-term clients? Are there any specific design requirements, like the ability to brand your forms with your own logo and colors?
Those are all important questions to answer as you explore your options, as well! You want a form platform that checks off all of the items on your list.
See if Formulate is a Match for Your Needs
Interested in seeing if Formulate is the right fit for you? Request a free demo and we’ll show you how much you can do with our easy, secure form builder.